Full, healthy lips are a sign of youth. As we age, our lips atrophy. This can be a telltale sign that we are no longer young. Lip filler is a very simple procedure to restore fullness and balance between the upper and lower lip.
Lip filler is usually performed using hyaluronic acid fillers. These fillers can improve the appearance of your lips by adding:
The effects typically last around six months. After that more lip injections are needed to keep the volume of your lips.
Once the lip injections are performed, the gel in the filler supports and shapes the tissues of the lips.
The benefits of using hyaluronic acid fillers include:
- Control over lip volume. The amount of substance injected can be controlled, so the doctor has better control over how much lip volume is created.
- Gradual pace of treatment. The injections can be given gradually during different appointments until the desired results are achieved.
- Bumps dissolve easily. Any lumps and bumps created by movement of the lips can be dissolved easily.
- Less bruising. There may be less bruising and swelling compared to other dermal fillers.
- Reasonably lasting results. The results are reasonably long-lasting, but not permanent.
Our Facial Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Blanks, has great insight into the art of facial rejuvenation. Dr. Blanks, creates a customized plan, using an array of products to help patients reach their aesthetic goal. Make an appointment with Dr. Blanks to determine whether you are a candidate. She offers complementary consultations and check back regularly to see our monthly specials.