What is Botox®?
Botox® Cosmetic is a non-surgical prescription medication used to improve moderate to severe frown lines. It is FDA approved for treatment of the frown lines between the eyebrows in adults 18 to 65 years of age. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. Botox® helps to improve the wrinkles and furrows that develop from squinting, concentrating, frowning, and looking surprised.
“Eight out of 10 women achieved clinically significant results at day 30 in clinical trials”
How does Botox® work?
Botox® works by temporarily blocking the signal between the nerve and the muscle. The muscle is no longer able to contract thus relaxing and softening the overlying wrinkles. Studies show that when Botox® treatment is done on a regular basis, the muscles learn not to contract, and less Botox® is needed to achieve the same results. Moreover, regular Botox® treatments early in wrinkle formation can prevent more severe lines and wrinkles.
Botox® is proven to improve dynamic wrinkles and creases. Within a week of injection, improvements become obvious and continue to improve up to a month. However, the success of your Botox® treatment depends upon the skills and expertise of the injector. Dr. Deidra Blanks has the skills, experience and artistic eye to provide you with the desired refreshed results you seek.
Before Botox® Treatment
- Make an appointment with Dr. Blanks to determine whether you are a candidate for Botox® Cosmetic
- You will then discuss your goals with Dr. Blanks and she will assess your specific ability to move certain muscles in your brow area. The location, size, and use of the muscles that create furrow between your brows is different from one person to another and Dr. Blanks will determine the best way to proceed.
- Please ask Dr. Blanks any questions that you may have so that you feel totally comfortable with the treatment
- When you are done, you will have a full understanding of the plan to help you
- No anesthesia is required. However, you may request that Dr. Blanks to numb the area a little with a cold pack or a little numbing cream. Discomfort typically lasts a very short time and is a minor thing for most people.
- Dr. Blanks will administer the medication – a few tiny injections into the muscles between your eyebrows that create those frown lines
- The whole thing takes approximately 10 minutes and you are on your way with the rest of your day
After your Botox® Treatment
- Again, no downtime is needed – you’re ready to get on with your day!
- Dr. Blanks will provide aftercare instructions
- Possible side effects are include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.
- Within days, you may see a really nice improvement in your moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows.
- Those lines continue to improve for up to 30 days, and results will last for up to 4 months.
- Obviously, individual results may vary and Dr. Blanks can give you the best idea of what you can expect when you visit her.
The following areas can benefit from Botox® treatments:
- Frown lines
- Crow’s feet
- Lateral and horizontal brow lines
- Worry lines
- Chin wrinkles
- Wrinkles around and under the eyes
- Vertical lip lines
- “Bunny” lines on the nose
- Neck bands
- Mouth corners
- Gummy smiles
Neurotoxins when placed properly creates a refreshed and rested appearance. When neurotoxin treatments are combined with strategically placed dermal fillers the result is a liquid facelift!
To discover how Dr. Deidra Blanks can help you overcome time and aging, schedule a consultation. During your consultation Dr. Blanks will review your medical history and examine your skin. She will determine whether you are a good candidate, make recommendations and explain the procedure to you.