BELOTERO BALANCE® Dermal Filler is a great product that helps with those lines around our mouths:
- Vertical lip lines
- Smile lines
- Corners of the mouth
- Marionette Lines
Belotero is a dermal filler that is made from hyaluronic acid which is a naturally occurring part of your skin. When it binds to water, it plumps up and fills in our wrinkles and lines. There are other good fillers, however Beloterro has unique properties that allow it to provide softer and more even corrections. It is soft enough to be used on vertical lip lines and still strong enough to be used on the smile lines (nasolabial folds).
Here is the best part: You can expect results immediately as it smooths away wrinkles.
Vertical Lip Line Treatment
Our lips are exceptionally soft and filled with many nerve endings so we really need to be very specific about how we treat this area and fortunately this is often a great solution here.
Those vertical wrinkles can have several causes. They are more hereditary but our habits can also increase their visibility. Creating that characteristic pucker tends to increase the wrinkles so, activities like smoking or drinking from a straw should be considered here.
Taking good care of your skin is the best way to prevent those wrinkles. Stop smoking, and staying hydrated will minimize and prevent their formation in the first place.
If you happen to be in the situation where the basics of skin care and hydration are not enough, then we have a special product designed to fill those wrinkles without changing the shape of your lips! It is called Belotero. Keep that natural appearance.
Treating Smile lines with Belotero
Smile Lines run from the sides of the nose to the corner of the mouth. They tend to get deeper as we age and can make us look tired, older even when we feel great. Naturally we often want to minimize their appearance and this is a wonderful option for so many people.
Designed with you in mind, when used for smile lines, the cohesive gel smooths and fills in wrinkles for beautiful natural looking results. The treatment for smile lines takes only a few minutes and provides results that lasts around 6 months or more.
Here are some of the details about the treatment
- The medicine is FDA approved (2011) and has undergone clinical safety studies
- Very fine needles are used and the quick procedure can be done on your lunch hour
- Just like any injection, you may experience mild irritation, swelling, itching, redness, bruising or tenderness at the injection site. These side effects typically resolve on their own. If any of these side effects persist, call Dr. Blanks right away.
- There is very little to no downtime,, most patients return to their normal daily activities immediately. Everyone is unique, so discuss your plans with Dr. Blanks during your free consultation.
- Does it hurt? As with all needle injections, there can be a little pinch associated.
Individual results vary but we can expect it to last around 6 months or more.